Įvairūs Siuntiniai

I was completely wrong with how I handled Khalil Mack trade

Įvairūs nemokami siuntinukai Imagination.lt™ lankytojams

Standartinė laiyongcai92 » 2018 Gru 05, 05:45

A few days ago I posted an article lambasting the sports journalism world for what I felt were sensational and erroneous reports indicating it was inevitable that the Raiders would trade star defensive end Khalil Mack. There was no way that would happen Womens Gareon Conley Jersey , I thought. This is all bogus and reporters are using clickbait to pump up the hopes of various fanbases and make money. The article got a lot of attention.And then the Raiders traded Khalil Mack. And it wouldn’t have mattered if he hadn’t been traded. I was still wrong to say the things I said about people who didn’t deserve it.Like all of you, I was floored. And then I got a few hundred messages on Twitter ranging from “lol u” to “this didn’t age well” to “sometimes the high horse bucks you to the ground” to “delete your account”. Yesterday was the worst day of my career. I considered becoming a monk.I deserve every message I got. The things I wrote were as inflammatory and extreme as any of the articles I attacked. And they were all right, and I was completely wrong and out of line. I let my emotions cloud my judgement, and that isn’t how the news works. If I’d been concerned with facts, I’d have noticed that there was a lot of smoke, and I’d convinced myself there was no fire.I called out Eric Galko for no reason, for reporting that teams were asking about Mack. Well of course they were, he’s the best defensive player in football. We now know over half the league inquired about Mack. Why wouldn’t they? Denial is a hell of a drug.A lot about how journalism works these days is screwy. But none of that should affect how I treat anyone else Youth Tahir Whitehead Jersey , or how I separate truth from fiction. Today I have to take my medicine and eat my crow, and apologize to those whom I offended with my hasty words. I was wrong.From now on I’ll stick to reporting the truth instead of acting like an arrogant jerk, and I won’t judge those who do the same. With great power comes great responsibility and the media has a lot of power to shape the views of the public. I take responsibility for what I said, and I am hardly the arbiter of facts and truth. I’ll keep doing my job here, and I’ll be back on Friday morning with the first Friday Foretelling of the 2018 season. And I’ll leave the predicting of the future to the Great Beyond. He’s much better at it than I am.Raiders, Rams injury update: Tahir Whitehead back full, Mark Barron status uncertain Usually on Friday we would have the final injury report. But with the Raiders and Rams opening on Monday night, they get a long week and started their injury reports on Thursday. There is an update Youth Kelechi Osemele Jersey , though. Tahir Whitehead, who was limited on Thursday with an ankle issue, was back full today. Still limited were Marshawn Lynch (groin), Kelechi Osemele (back), and Brian Price (hamstring). While DeAndre Washington did not practice again while recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery.For the Rams, linebacker Mark Barron was not practicing with an ankle injury Thursday. We don’t yet know if his status changed today. He told reporters on Thursday he is not sure if he will play Monday.Here is the full injury reports for the Rams and Raiders as we know it right now:Week 1 Friday injury reportPos.PlayerInjuryThursdayFridaySaturdayGame StatusPos.PlayerInjuryThursdayFridaySaturdayGame StatusFollow @LeviDamien
laiyongcai92
Įsijaučiantis

Reputacija: 0 Pridėti reputacijos tašką

Įvairūs Siuntiniai

Prisijungti